Buying A Home?
Our extensive real estate experience allows us to guide you through your purchase, and navigate any complications that arise. We will:
- Help you draft the purchase and sale agreement if you are not working with a Realtor
- Review the purchase offer/contract with you, explain the meaning and consequences of its terms, and make changes or clarifications should our review reveal unknown or unanticipated issues.
- Explain the process and the role your Realtor, Loan Originator (Mortgage Lender) and our firm will play in your transaction.
- Draft any required documents such as possession agreements, or loan documents/modifications.
- Perform the Title search, perhaps the most important aspect in a closing. Unlike many other firms we perform every title search ourselves. John D’Aurizio has received Awards for the thoroughness of his searches and experience in this field.
- Prepare the Title Insurance Binder and deliver title documents to the Lender’s Attorney.
- Coordinate closing with the Lender, their attorney, the other party’s attorney and you.
- Prepare a detailed closing statement identifying all the expenses involved in your transaction.
- Provide a copy of the closing statement to you prior to closing.
- Attend closing with you, explaining all the documents involved and their consequences.
- Provide you with copies of all relevant final documents including closing statements, survey map and deed.
- Advise you on STAR tax exemptions and other actions you should take after closing.
Our goal is to educate you, so that you can make informed decisions. We’ll communicate throughout the transaction, answer your calls and emails, and do our best to address your concerns. You can rest assured that you will be well represented throughout the process.