Selling Your Property?
Our extensive real estate experience allows us to guide you through your sale, and navigate any complications that arise. We will:
- Meet with you to review a purchase offer before you sign it, which we strongly recommend if you are not working with a Realtor.
- Review the purchase offer/contract with you, explain the meaning and consequences of its terms, and make changes or clarifications should our review reveal unknown or unanticipated issues.
- Explain the process and the role your Realtor and our firm will play in your transaction.
- Locate/order the Abstract of Title. To save you money we will try to locate the abstract of title provided when you purchased the property, and then arrange to have an abstract company update that existing abstract. If we are unable to locate the existing abstract we will order a new search.
- Order the Survey
- Review the abstract and survey to anticipate any title issues.
- Draft any required documents such as deeds, mortgages, bills of sale, boundary line agreements, possession agreements, or documents/modifications.
- Order payoff statements for any mortgages or liens on the property.
- Coordinate closing with the Buyer’s attorney and mortgage lender.
- Prepare a detailed closing statement identifying all the expenses involved in your transaction.
- Provide a copy of the closing statement to you prior to closing.
- Attend closing, deliver the sales documents, handle any issues that may arise, and collect the funds due you.
- Provide you with copies of all relevant final documents including closing statements.
Our goal is to educate you, so that you can make informed decisions. We’ll communicate throughout the transaction, answer your calls and emails, and do our best to address your concerns. You can rest assured that you will be well represented throughout the process.